Get Me the Ice...

What, are you some kind of retard?

Friday, September 16, 2005

Hard to make a stand...

I think the song "Hard to Make a Stand" from Sheryl Crow's eponymous album is just about one of my most favorite songs ever.

Let's run down why its cool:

  1. The lyrics...make me think of L.A. in the 1960s. I know, I wasn't born yet and I've never been to L.A., but I'm going to say that anyway.
  2. The arrangement: The guitar rocks, the bass has the most awesome fuzz sound on it. When I was little, my uncle Bud had an old organ. The low notes on the pedals generated this really rich, fuzzy bass sound. This song reminds me of that. The organ is sublime. The acoustic guitar gives the brightest highlights.
  3. The song reminds me of fall my freshman year at IU. I have a lot of good memories of that time...making new friends and new experiences and discovering the beauty of the Hoosier state.
  4. The outro: Its only 30 seconds of music, but I could listen to it all day long.
  5. I can't put into words how this song makes me feel...its that good.

We've got loud guitars and big suspicions
Great big guns and small ambitions
And we still argue over who is God...

And I say, Hey there miscreation
Bring a flower time is wastin'
And I say, Hey there miscreation
We all need a celebration...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home