Get Me the Ice...

What, are you some kind of retard?

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Love Is Never Simple...


Ok, so I'm back after not blogging for awhile. The past week hasn't really been busy, but I was still getting over being sick and just wasn't motivated to write anything.

I thought I'd share some pictures of some things that have happened recently in lieu of writing about them. People only come here for pictures anyway, right?

Two weeks ago, it was "All Creatures" Sunday at church. Mr. Tripp got blessed. Here's a picture of him and Toni Cook, our minister. Holy crap my face looks fat.

Later that weekend (or maybe it was the weekend before) Mark ran the Chicago marathon. I have a picture but its on my computer at home and I'm at work right now. I'll upload it later. Stay tuned, Mark fans!


Yesterday after church, I had lunch at Old Chicago in LoDo with Matt, John, and Brandon. Football was all around and so were the drunk girls in pigtails.

The title of this blog entry comes from the wonderful Bangles song, "Complicated Girl," written and peformed by the lovely and talented Michael Steele. Whenever I see Brandon I get this song in my head because it reminds me of when we first met. I fell for him kinda hard in a romantic sorta way, but knew from the get-go that it would never work out that way. He was a lot younger than I was (6 years) and we really did live in different worlds. Fortunately, we've been able to work past that and I still consider him one of my good friends.

~Why bother making rules
You know she will not follow....

Some day she'll find a way to remedy
This lovely mess he's made of you....~


Later that night, I got the Pho jones. I called Hamm, but I think she is still mad at me for wiping the floor with her at Connect Four the other night. I was however, able to talk Matt into trying some chicken Pho and all was well.


Things are really starting to go well with Lenny, previously known as L.S. here on munderblog.blogspot.com. He's proof to me that love is never simple. Sometimes I think we're kind of an unlikely pair, but it really seems to work. He's the first boyfriend I've had that actually seems to give a shit about me and treats me well consistently. He was over Sunday night and showed me the website of his hometown, Bracketville, Texas. Click through to their site and check out the Bracket News. Yee haw! This place is the way I always pictured Texas. I wonder if I can get Cutty at the Alibi Lounge. Hmmm...

Tonight on Monday Night Football its the Colts v Rams. Matt and John, the famous Colts fans, are having a little get together at their house to watch the game. I'm bringing Lenny. He's never met any of my friends so this is going to be interesting. Matt, John, Samm, Lusty, Lonz, Haggis....yikes!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 10/17/2005 4:24 PM, Blogger Michael Andrew said…

    Oh you're right...you're making me remember things that were so long ago.

    I was so much older then
    I'm younger than that now

     

Post a Comment

<< Home