Get Me the Ice...

What, are you some kind of retard?

Monday, September 19, 2005

What say you, "liberals"?

This New Orleans crisis has brought so much bull crap to light its not even funny. I could devote an entire essay to what I think about the situation, but that's not the point of this entry.

I have a lot of "liberal" friends who place every single one of the horrible consequences of Hurricane Katrina and the ensuing levee breach in New Orleans squarely on the shoulders of one person, President George W. Bush. Not only do I find this to be ridiculous, but I find it to be intellectually dishonest when presented with all the facts and back story surrounding this horrible tragedy. Any reasonable person can see that there is plenty of blame to go around and nobody is going to get out of this thing without a scratch.

The biggest gripe I hear, in between the sips of Kool Aid, is how the Bush administration and FEMA didn't do enough to a.) evacuate people before the storm hit and b.) respond fast enough to all the stranded residents. I was told the local government in New Orleans or the state of Louisana basically asked for help and were rebuffed by the feds and, if a Democrat had been in the White House, that wouldn't have happened. Please. Now it turns out the Democrat mayor of New Orleans, Ray Nagin, is calling for people to come back into the city amid objections from the administration that apparently was incapble of managing this crisis in the first place.

So let's say the residents of New Orleans do return and the tens of thousands of people predicted to have been dead do start dying, not from the flood, but due to lack of clean drinking water, toxic muck in their back yard, and unhealthy contaminants flying through the air? Whose fault will it be that these people were back in the city so soon? I think I know the answer.

Jesus, you people drive me nuts.

1 Comments:

  • At 9/23/2005 1:15 AM, Blogger Steve Burri said…

    I heard that 'W' not only caused the hurricane, but also directed it at NOLA. If he has those kind of skills, I sure ain't gonna mess wid 'im!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home