Get Me the Ice...

What, are you some kind of retard?

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Angeleyes


Right now I'm listening to ABBA's Voulez-Vous album. This is another 70s classic that I love. Surely it is ABBA's disco album, but its so much more than that to me. I can remember being a teenager in a time when everyone was listening to Pearl Jam and Stone Temple Pilots when they rocked out in their bedroom at night. Young MU, however, was different. He sat in his room trying to imagine the scene of a perfomance film for the whole album. The costumes where pretty much like what you see above, but the stage was very much like the dance floor of the supper club in "The Great Muppet Caper."

I like this album now because I can appreciate the arrangements in the songs, the power of Agnetha & Frida's voices and how wonderful they sound together. I miss having groups like this around. I love power pop with boys and girls singing on top of lush, panoramic arrangements with good pop hooks. I guess maybe the notion of such a thing is a bit antiquated but I'd buy it.

Just don't stop thinking about my Angeleyes....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home