Get Me the Ice...

What, are you some kind of retard?

Monday, January 16, 2006

Fragmentation


Here I am again. My blogging mechanism has been in the shop so that's why you haven't heard from me in awhile. I have so much to say...I hope I can remember it all.

Ok, not really. I just haven't blogged anything substantial in awhile.

You may be wondering why I titled this blog Fragmentation. I'm sure you're assuming its because I've been working every day since I got back from vacation for CFBMIC trying to resolve database issues that have come up due to our new billing project. You knew that the storage in our database is wacked and that we decided to use Oracle's facility for managing space rather than doing it ourselves. Good guess! But you're wrong.

I'm feeling fragmented myself. I don't know why really...maybe its because I've been working so much. Maybe its because I don't ever have any idea how to deal with the relationships I have in my life. I struggle to figure out how they fit into my life, or wonder how I fit into theirs and does it even matter? I feel lonely sometimes, but I also long for my independence. I look to the future as if its bright, but then I can't cope with that reality either. Oh well, enough about me.

This weekend, I was lucky enough to be able to watch football while I worked from home. I was kind of jazzed seeing the Broncos kill the Patriots Saturday night so I was eager to see the Colts beat the Steelers. I like the Colts but I also have a big chip on my shoulder about Pittsburgh. Those who know me well can figure that one out... It wasn't quite the game I expected it to be. The Colts weren't looking so good. I went to lunch with LS at Old Chicago around the start of the 4th quarter and I was seeing some signs of life in the Colts. The end of the game was pretty thrilling with some great opportunites for the Colts, but they blew it. I can't blame them though...I'd be under pressure too. After that we went home and I watched the Bears, and QB fellow Hoosier Rex Grossman, attempt to defeat the Carolina Panthers. This game wasn't as nail biting, but the Bears still lost. It was a good season for them, though. I can't recall the last time the Bears were in the playoffs. My Dad and Mark are pleased for sure.

Now I'm back to work on a Monday. Well, back in the office that is. Its snowing a little bit and actually looks like winter. Its been in the high 60s for the past few weeks so I wasn't sure what season we were actually living in.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home